Cedar City: A Look Back - The Carnegie Library

Carnegie portrait that hung in the library. Now in the collection of Frontier Homestead State Park This impressive structure was built in 1914 on property adjacent to the Cedar City Tabernacle on Center Street and Main. The building ceased being used as a public library in 1957 and was purchased by the State Bank of Southern Utah in 1966 for $35,000. Having been vacated in 1969, the building was torn down in 1970.

For a more detailed account of the Library’s construction and development click the following link: Cedar City Library History

 

Cedar City's Carnegie Library

The Carnegie Library sat just to the left of the Tabernacle.