In September of 1940, the first classes were held in the Cedar High School building. The school could accommodate 350 students and was located on the corner of 300 West and Center Street. As the community and thus the student body began to grow, it became obvious that a new school was needed. Classes began during the 1963-64 academic year in the building that still stands at 703 West 600 South. The old Cedar High building, pictured below, became the junior-high school for many years. Southern Utah University acquired the building and in 2000, it was demolished to create additional parking.